Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not Dead





Okay, I know I have disappeared from both this blog and my website for a bit. If you had my Myspace account, you would know by now that life hit full blown chaos just after my last blog.


My boyfriend of over two and a half years got really sick suddenly, and we didn't think much of it for a while, because I had been pretty sick just before. Well, things continued getting progressively worse. Before we knew it, he'd been in the ER about three times and the doctors had no idea what was going on. After I had to go on a trip to St. Louis for a college portfolio review, I got a call from his mom that he was getting really bad and she was really scared and was taking him back to the ER.

Around an hour later I got another phone call. He was worse than anyone had realized. He'd gotten Steven Johnson's Syndrom and it was getting worse, so, to save his life, they were taking him to St. Louis (we live around an hour and a half south, in a small town) to a better hospital.

Luckily, after a week, there was improvement. For a while, we were all sure he wasn't going to make it. I hit a depression I couldn't shake. Even my writing came to a stop for a brief amount of time because then, none of it mattered.

Now he is back to perfect health though we have to watch out for him and make sure it doesn't start up again.

Well, Thanksgiving came along just a few weeks after all this. And now Christmas. We are buying a new house and moving January 9th. So, as you can see, my blogging life had to be put off briefly.

I am still writing. I just finished a rough draft for a short story I'm entering into a contest. I finished the third book in the BOE series, started the fourth. I've taken on new projects, been working on sorting out things for my future, and plotting to kick that Back-Up plan of mine into effect if I don't get anywhere with Mr. Agent-Man. I have to email him two weeks into January. Ugh.

So, in the middle of all this chaos and trying to hold my head above the water, I have been trying to find new ways to improve my blog, myself, my writing -- everything. I regret not being able to keep up with my blog, but sometimes we do what we must.
My apologies.
How is everyone?
~Angel

No comments: