Saturday, November 21, 2009

"You never forget who you really are... no matter how many nights you stay awake trying to."

So, some of you know I messed my knee up like a three or so weeks ago, and that the pain has only gotten worse. Like, to the point of such terrible pain that sometimes I can hardly walk, and in the night it hurts so bad it keeps me awake.

Well, I managed to get in to see my Doctor last week, and it turns out I tore the cruciate ligaments in my knee. He told me I'd need a brace, a lot of rest, and that it wouldn't get better for quite a few weeks. Jooooy. No one is fond of the fact that during some of that healing time I have to go to college. At least, until finals are all done & we're out for Christmas break or winter break -- whatever it's called. They wanted me to take more days off, but we managed to agree I could go back 2 days later. I can't afford to miss a lot of class anymore. Especially with finals coming up.

Though, now, I keep tearing more ligaments up, and they are talking about making me go to the hospital. Worst case scenario -- surgery. Ugh... Not what I need right now.

---

"When one door closes another one opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us” -- Alexander Graham Bell

So, life is going pretty alright right now. Minus the whole, ya know, knee being all messed up thing. I'm doing pretty good in college. I've got my schedule for next semester. I've been working really hard on getting the WIP edited and perfected so I can dispense it to my Beta Readers and Critique Partner before final edits and -- BAM! -- come January (hopefully) I'll be querying. Let's hope for an agent this time, shall we?

And, like the quote above, I've had some changes in my life lately that have brought some unhappy side effects and "closed doors". It took me a while to stop looking so regretfully at said door, but I finally managed to look away and notice the good things that are there. My friends that love me; my opportunity to make new ones. Success looming in the furture. I'm making plans for the rest of my life, and it's both exciting and terrifying.

But it's something I must do. Regardless if I'm ready or not ready, I have to get ready to land on my feet once I'm done at MAC (my college). I have to know what I'm doing, and where I'm going. Will I just go to MAC and spend the rest of my time writing? Or will I go on to do more things and persue a back up career? Will I move far away, or stay close to what I know? There's a million things on my mind that I've got to be ready to answer unless I want to fall on my face. I guess a lot of it is relying on whether or not I can get published and headed in the right direction before my time at MAC is done.

It's a crazy life, but I'm holding on for the ride.

---

So, my schedule, as previously mentioned, is as follows.

Drawing II MWF from 11:00 to 12:50
English Comp II MWF from 1:00 to 1:50
Intermediate Algebra MW from 3:00 to 4:15

And then on Tuesdays & Thursdays:

History of Art II from 8:00 - 9:15
American History II from 11:00 - 12:15
Color Theory from 1:00 to 2:50

That's 18 hours total. Wowza. At least I'll be done eventually -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

---

And I got most of the To Do list done. My honors stuff is done. My research paper was turned in this week. I turned in my short story to the editor I was talking about. So, I'm getting on top of the ball. Now I have less to do and more time for my editing. Not to mention, we've only got, like, three weeks of classes left. And that means LOADS of writing time for Angel. Like, I really think I may stay up all night quite a few times just to get even more done.

So, speaking of writing and editing, I should probably go do that now.

Adios!

~Angel

No comments: