There is quite a bit I need to catch everyone up on over here. It's a little difficult figuring out where I should start.
- First things first: I traded out my London trip -- which I've been waiting to go on my entire life -- for a trip to Boston and Salem. Why, you may ask? Because I needed a car. And I am a girl that knows it isn't about what you want, it's about what you need. And I needed new wheels, since my truck went to truck Heaven. I now drive a Jeep. Liberty. And I leave for my trip the 30th of July, and return Aug. 5th. See you then!
- I have been fairly caught up in my review blog lately, because I was accepted into a group called Word Ninjas. It's a group of reviewers and authors working together. And it takes up quite a bit of my time.
- Something else that has been keeping me busy is my new photography business. Well, it's not exactly a business yet, because I'm building my portfolio still. But you get the idea. The myspace for my photography -- complete with pictures you should comment -- is on my top friends. Go forth, check it out, add it.
- My new WIP is going swimmingly. I'm at about 17,500 words. I want to complete it at or around 40,000. I didn't work on it for a while, then worked on it all night for two nights -- so really, if I set my mind to do it, I'll have it done ASAP.
- BOE, the manuscript that we had our fingers crossed for publication, was given to a beta reader (friend of mine) to see if she liked it, what she thought was lacking, etc. I need to work on it as soon as I get done with the WIP. I am too determined to get published to just sit back and let my manuscripts sit as reminders of my failures on my shelves. So when I'm waiting to go back and edit the WIP, I will edit and revise BOE once again.
- Oh, yeah. I've been keeping this one a secret for a while: I'm getting published. Nothing huge, though it still feels like it to me. I can't give you details at the moment. But once I can, and once it comes out, I hope you all order it. =]
I'm sure there is probably some more things I've forgotten to tell you all about. If I remember, I'll post them on a different blog. But there you have it -- my chaotic life at the moment!
So, has anyone else seen Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince yet? I have mixed feelings toward it. I mean, I liked it okay -- the book was so so SO much better. But how about you all?